Meadowlands Covid-19 Response
At the Meadowlands Hotel, we will ensure to provide a safe stay for our guests and a safe working environment for our staff while maintaining our renowned friendly Irish hospitality. When you wish to travel again and stay or dine with us, we will be prepared to safely and caringly welcome you back.
Our Meadowlands Covid-19 Team has organised Health & Safety procedures which have been developed in line with HSE, government, and Irish Hotel Federation guidelines. These new procedures will be implemented in advance of our reopening on 20 July 2020. These detailed procedures focus on health and hygiene in all aspects of hotel and restaurant operations. We will also be implementing new services to ensure your stay with us is enjoyable and relaxing. You will have peace of mind at the Meadowlands Hotel as we all get used to the new norms.
Check-in & Check-Out Procedures:
- Visible markings will guide you safely in the hotel reception, and our colleagues will observe social distancing whilst checking you in and out
- Contactless payment options and e-mail receipts will be encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction
- Key Cards will be disinfected with medical-grade antimicrobial agent after each stay
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures:
- Vigorous and frequent cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and touchpoints is being carried out throughout our hotel
- Furniture has been rearranged in lobbies and communal areas in such a way to allow you to enjoy our facilities with proper social distancing
- Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the hotel at every necessary location
- Signage will remain in place throughout our public areas to remind our guests to observe social distancing and handwashing
- Doorways will be left open where possible to reduce contact, and elevator usage will be monitored to limit capacity and ensure priority access for those in need
- A thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitising program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms in preparation for your arrival with specific extra attention being given to all touchpoints throughout.
- All additional furnishings and non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms so we can focus on the highest levels of cleanliness
- We will provide sealed sanitising hand wipes and sanitised amenity dispensers for each and every stay.
- Linens will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination. Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins to kill potential bacteria
- Newspapers, magazines and guide books will be removed from guestrooms.
- Guest directories will be replaced with digital versions to reduce clutter.
- All dining services will now have the option of in-room and takeaway, in addition to table service in our restaurant and bar.
- Buffet service will be replaced by full menus for breakfast which our team of service staff will deliver with the utmost care and attention.
- Menus will be removed from tables, and replaced by menu boards, screens or digital versions to minimise contact
- A reduced number of tables will be placed to ensure social distancing
- Tableware including all used and unused wares will be removed and disinfected after each party has left. Tabletops and chair arms will also be disinfected after each seating
- An enhanced training program for all employees will run continuously, to ensure the utmost levels of safety and security throughout all areas of our operations
- Any local health guidelines around the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment will be strictly adhered to by our teams across all departments from guest services to back-of-house and kitchens
- Hand sanitisation will be carried out at least once every 15minutes
- A vigorous handwashing program is in place with all employees required to thoroughly wash their hands every 60 minutes